Different motorcycles and riders have different insurance coverage needs. Maybe you have invested time and money in a vintage Harley Davidson, or you are just starting out with your new motorcycle license.
Whether you are interested in more coverage for your investment or medical coverage in case of an accident, you need to know the types of coverage to include in your motorcycle insurance policy in Beaverton, OR. The agents at W.B. Adams Company are available to help all riders make the most informed decisions on their motorcycle insurance options.
Available Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
When compared to the other vehicles on the road, motorcycles are subject to unique risks. In general, they are considered to be more dangerous because the driver is exposed on top of the vehicle instead of encased in a safe space complete with airbags. Failing to wear the recommended riding attire only adds to the danger.
If the motorcycle is involved in an accident with another vehicle, it will often sustain the most damage and injuries. For this reason, there are specific insurance coverage options designed to protect riders, such as:
- Comprehensive coverage against theft, fire, vandalism, hail, wind, and other conditions
- Collision coverage if the bike hits an object or another vehicle while riding
- Liability in case the rider causes property damage or bodily injury to another party
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in case you are involved in an accident with a motorist who does not carry enough insurance to cover damages and injuries
- Passenger liability in case someone riding on the bike with you is injured in an accident
- Customized parts coverage for items added to your bike
- Roadside assistance in case of a breakdown and your bike needs to be transported
- Trip interruption coverage if you are in an accident more than 100 miles from your home in Beaverton OR
- Transport trailer coverage for certain trailers
If you need help deciding which coverage options are right for you and your bike, contact the experienced agents at W.B. Adams Company. Give us a call today.